Thursday, April 08, 2010

Speaking of Twilight . . .

Ben Bella Books emailed me to say that my Twilight essay from the book A NEW DAWN is up on their website this week. That means you can read what I have to think about it for FREE! (Of course you also do that here, but hey, on their website I'm not only witty, I'm grammatically correct! That, my friends, is what a copy editor will do for you.)

You can see it until midnight next Tuesday at:

http://www.smartpopbooks.com/

Just scroll down until you get to the link to my essay, To Bite, Or Not To Bite; That Is The Question (Yes, I know somewhere Shakespeare is cringing.)

Here's the first two paragraphs to tease you:

What’s your definition of a bad day? A fight with a friend? A speeding ticket? How about being attacked by a vampire and painfully turned into the undead, then realizing you must wander for eternity fighting off a craving to kill people? Yeah, that would pretty much be a bad day.

Carlisle, the leader of the Cullen clan of vampires had this bad day and (we can assume) many other bad days that followed. Stephenie Meyer doesn’t skimp when dishing out problems for her characters. Seriously, if you were Cinderella and could choose someone to be your fairy godmother, you wouldn’t want it to be Stephenie Meyer. Sure, she could come up with the ultimate Prince Charming to take you to the ball, but he might kill you afterward.

6 comments:

The Novelist said...

Just read your essay and loved it!

I am here to tell you that my library has a very scary lack of your books. They only have one to be exact! I am forced to put in request after request in the hopes that they will purchase more!

I will let you know if I am successful!

Janette Rallison said...

I'm glad your requesting my books! Thanks!

Nina Cook said...

AWESOME! I so want to read that book!

Mary Gray said...

Great first paragraphs. I wouldn't want to BE one of Meyer's characters, but I sure do love reading about them.

Cosme said...

I think that this book looks very intresting.

Anonymous said...

i like your books (:) the rock <(") btw thats a penguin and here is a shark (^^^) they work on facebook fyi