Thursday, November 01, 2007

National Author Day

It's that festive time of year when everyone rushes to take down their Halloween stuff and put up their National Author Day decorations. Yes, pull out your Mark Twain centerpieces, your Jane Austen wreathes, and those life-size twinkly Bronte Sisters for the yard. Then let's all sing a few Thank-goodness-we're-not-in-school-anymore-so-we-don't-have-to-read-Hemingway-again carols.

And don't forget to send me your Author Day gifts. Remember, you can't go wrong with precious gems.

Special note to my husband: really, we've been married for 21 years so you ought to know by now that you can't buy Almond Joys, Snickers, or peanut M&Ms for trick-or-treaters and expect that they will ever see Halloween Night if I'm in the house. This is why you must buy the type of candy I don't like. I didn't touch the Whoppers.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There are obviously a lot of princesses at our house.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My oldest son wanted to be a vampire for Halloween. This is what happens when the girls at school start calling you 'Edward.'

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Aren't they sooo cute?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so funny. Yes, Give out the Not-so-good candy first and hope you don't have to give out the chocolate. National Authors Day...
If i could just get my brothers to belive me.

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Perfect. We are having our book club tonight and will be talking about the Whitney awards. Now I can tell them it is National Author Day as well.

Josi said...

Not a single card, gift, spa package or anything. Humph. Some holiday.I will chant with you however, though I'll take Hemingway over the English ladies any day :-)

Debbie Barr said...

I'll be sending some pixel gifts your way, then! After all, it's the thought that counts, right?

Anonymous said...

Yes dear. Thank goodness you haven't found the dark chocolate. That's my treat :-p
Techno Bob
PS: Happy Author's day. Your books are way better than those Bronte chicks.

Janette Rallison said...

That's what you think . . . I will find the chocolate . . .

Marsha Ward said...

I luv luv luv your outfit, Janette!

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

Fun blog, and what you suggest we do with Halloween candy is how I feel about books:let me at least taste (or eat the whole thing) before I give it to you!

Janette Rallison said...

Yes, and books have fewer calories . . .

Autumn Ables said...

I'm glad to see you have a blog that you keep up! I look forward to checking it often. :)

Your family is beautiful- and I love your costume for halloween.

Julie Wright said...

Happy Author's day!! I was out of town for the holidays and just got back. Unfortunately, the people tending my kids ate all the leftover halloween candy. I didn't even get the customary troll toll I make my kids pay when they bring home their haul for the night. I so missed out!

Janette Rallison said...

Don't worry--the Halloween candy is on sale at the stores. I know because I've just eaten way too much of it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a good time on Halloween. So did I. I went as Storm. I posted about it today. Be sure to check it out.

Anonymous said...

What's all this talk of chocolate...