Thursday, November 15, 2007

Arizona book event/ begging involved

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Do you remember getting ready for dances in junior high? The anticipation . . . the dread? You never knew whether it was going to be a really fun night where lots of guys asked you to dance, or a really humiliating experience where you felt invisible.

Nothing measured your worth in the eyes of society quite as quickly as a junior high dance . . . until that is, they invented book signings.

Sometimes book signings are great. There’s nothing quite so gratifying as seeing people turn out because they want your book and your signature.

But then there are the other book signings. The ones where you stare blankly at a wall praying for a meteorite to strike earth and put you out of your misery.

I shouldn’t let book signings get to me. I mean, I used to work in a book store and I saw plenty of big authors come in and have pitiful turn outs. At the time I really, really wanted to be an author myself. I felt that burning intensity of stories pushing against my fingertips waiting to come out. I wanted to be published in a bad way—and even I wasn’t jealous of those big authors during sparse book signings.

The whole point of this is to let you know that I have a book signing at Changing Hands book store on Saturday, November 17th (in two days) at 2:00. I will also be talking about my new book, Revenge of the Cheerleaders. I have no idea what I’m going to say yet, but it will be moving, and profound. (Well, maybe not, but hopefully it will be funny.)

The address is:

6428 S McClintock Dr
Tempe, AZ 85283
480-730-0205

McClintock at Guadalupe

Please come. Please don’t make me sit there wishing for a meteorite.

4 comments:

Heather Moore said...

Good luck, Janette! If I knew people in Tempe, I'd let them know ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Janette, feel free to mention this in the brand new livejournal community I just created for Arizona children's/ya writers if you want to: azkidwriters.

Or feel free to just stop by anyway. :-)

Anonymous said...

See ya there! You'll Do fine. :)

Anonymous said...

I live three and a half hours away, but Im there in spirit.

If I had a meteorite I'd give ti to you to use in case of an emergancy. SOme day you'll be big, though to my family you like god od the writers.