Sunday, November 18, 2007

Bizarro world

Okay, I think this is a little bizarre although my husband is just shaking his head. (Come to think of it, he does that a lot around me.) Anyway, my daughter is down for Thanksgiving and brought one of her guy friends over. (What is the term for a guy your daughter is dating but isn't exclusive with? I mean, besides 'lucky' because hey, my daughter is pretty special.) The bizarre thing is that I think he looks eerily like one of my old boyfriends, Stuart, who is currently featured on my website (because I haven't gotten around to updating it to reflect that I have a new book out.)

Hmmm. There is probably a plot idea brewing about all of this. (Which is why teenagers are so valuable. If you want to write, a teenager is a must.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The second bizarre thing--which an observant commenter pointed out and which I hadn't realized until I'd already posted the blog--is that yes, my daughter and I are standing in the exact same position. No, that wasn't posed for effect. She even has the same head tilt and smile. Which obviously means, dear daughter: THAT HE IS ABOUT TO DUMP YOU FOR JESSIE LIPE!

Not that any of this is making me relieve those early years . . .

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is spooky!
But you're right, there's your next book.

tenacious d said...

That is really weird. He's a cute boy, and I agree that he's lucky to be able to hang out with Asenath.

Annette Lyon said...

Striking resemblance.

I don't know that I'd do well if one of my daughers showed up with a boy who looked like an ex. I'd get the heebie-jeebies.

Heather Moore said...

Very funny ;)

So does this mean her taste is good or bad?

Julie Wright said...

oh wow! That is seriously bizarre, and yeah he's a cutie! life is stranger than fiction on every level.

Anonymous said...

That is scary.(Did you stage that photo because the positions look awflly alike...)
I've met a lot of people who look like other people I know, I just haven't met my "twin."
Everyone is suppposed to have a twin, maybe their each others twins, "the people who say everyone has a twin" never did say that they had to be the same age...

Debbie Barr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Barr said...

What if you don't have a teenager, but are one?

Anonymous said...

YEah, nerd goddess has a point there... Hmmm...Spooky... And what does Asenath have to say about this?

Janette Rallison said...

Being a teenager works just as well. It's all about the drama.

And Asenath has good taste of course!

Anonymous said...

Janette, I really think you're on to something here. Seriously!

--Erin

Janette Rallison said...

I just added this to my blog to address the point you made, Smithy Smith.

The second bizarre thing--which an observant commenter pointed out and which I hadn't realized until I'd already posted the blog--is that yes, my daughter and I are standing in the exact same position. No, that wasn't posed for effect. She even has the same head tilt and smile. Which obviously means, dear daughter: THAT HE IS ABOUT TO DUMP YOU FOR JESSIE LIPE!

Not that any of this is making me relieve those early years . . .

Annette Lyon said...

Another bizarre thought: does this mean she'll have found her future husband when she starts dating someone who looks like *your* hubby?

Anonymous said...

like Mother like daughter

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents:
1.) Yes, I think it's a little bit weird. Usually Mom lives vicariously through me...not the other way around...
2.) Yes, he is lucky to hang out with me ;)

Shellie said...

I can just hear the plots brewing! Freaky Friday!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Hey, I think your husband is much better looking than that guy who dumped you. And I bet that guy who dumped you is sorry now!

Josi said...

ha, ha, ha. That is hilarious, and he does look just like stuart. yikes!

Liesl said...

This is obviously very dated, but I found great entertainment in browsing your blog. And now for my comment: *ahem*

That is possibly one of the creepiest shirts I have ever seen (the one your daughter is wearing), because the two people on it look exactly like my mother and father. No joke. They look EXACTLY like them. Now I must get that shirt.