Monday, January 21, 2013

Yallapalooza and writers conference on Sat, the 26th

This Saturday I'll be involved in two fun writing gigs. The first will be a YA writers conference at Dobson High School. Don't click on the banner. It won't take you anywhere. I just stole it from Changing Hand's website because I love how serious and slightly dangerous some of the YA writers look. That's how you can tell who the cool writers are.

Ten authors of young adult fiction, including several New York Times bestsellers, share strategies, tips, and tricks for writing engaging work for tween and teen readers. You can choose three of four informative sessions to fill your three-session schedule, including "Unforgettable Characters," "Heroes vs. Villains," "Writing Realistic Dialogue," and "Essentials of SciFi/Fantasy."

If you want more info on the conference (I believe it's 85.00 for the day) here's a link: http://www.changinghands.com/yawriting2013

Then there will be Yallapalooza at Changing Hands. If you've never been before, it's free and it's fun--sorta like a game show in which you get to work with groups of authors. Plus there is pizza. Here's the details:

At 4pm Saturday, January 26 Changing Hands Bookstore presents YAllapalooza 2013, a literary extravaganza for tween and teen readers. Here's your chance to mix and mingle with your favorite YA authors, get signed books, enjoy pizza, and more!

Attending Authors: Tom Leveen, Cecil Castelluci, Amy Fellner Dominy, Shannon Messenger, Suzanne Lazear, Janni Lee Simner, Kevin Emerson, Erin Jade Lange, Lisa McMann, Suzanne Young, James A. Owen, C.J. Hill (aka Janette Rallison), Laura Ellen, and Lisa Schroeder.

Come be on my team! I always bomb when it comes to the first line in a book game so I need your help. For more info on that, you can go to: http://www.changinghands.com/yallapalooza2013

5 comments:

Tiana Smith said...

You're right - some of them do look very dangerous. LOL! Those are the one who write "serious" stuff only ;)

Janette Rallison said...

I haven't seen as many lately, but it used to be that half of all author photos showed the author leaning his or her chin on the back of his or her hand. I guess we're supposed to look contemplative or something. I figure that since I write humor, I should be smiling.

Liz said...

I would so be all over that if I lived anywhere remotely close to Arizona, that is...!

Some of those authors look like they're planning to off the next NYTBSL authors...or at least plant incriminating evidence on them ;)

Janette Rallison said...

That might not be such a bad plan--offing the competition. Some authors should be very nervous now . . .

jaket kulit said...

Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My blog addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an email.I look forward to hearing from you! Wonderful blog by the way!


jual jaket kulit I jaket kulit garut I Jaket Kulit I jaket kulit murah