Sunday, August 07, 2011

A book trailer question

Hello my blogworld friends. I decided to have a book trailer for one of my backlist books, How to Take the Ex Out of Ex-boyfriend (With the hope that eventually I'll have trailers made for all of them.) and since I couldn't find an upbeat song that I liked and that had words that matched, I told my rent-a-teen Andie, to just use the instrumental for You've Got My Heart.

I think it turned out cute, but my daughter pointed out that after the trailer for Ex-boyfriend is played on Youtube, the next one that comes up is My Unfair Godmother, which uses the vocal of the same song. She thinks it seems unprofessional to use the same song for both trailers.

I'm going back and forth as to whether or not she's right. So what do you think? Can you watch both trailers and tell me whether you think I should have Ex-boyfriend's redone with a new song?

12 comments:

Alysa Stewart said...

ok. i admit i have not watched the trailers yet. But I'm going to have to agree with your daughter. I mean, even if it weren't the next one to pop up, people who liked the one would seek out the other, so, yeah.

Melissa said...

I watched both and I wasn't that bothered by the fact that the tune was the same. One had words, one didn't...for me, it was no big deal, but I'm not a teenager either. :)

owlette said...

I think your daughter is right and the tune sounded a little to upbeat for how to take the ex out of ex boyfriend.

Tabitha said...

I thought that it sounded different enough with the vocals that it wasn't a problem; I actually might not have even recognized it as the same song if I hadn't known.

Haley Sindt said...

It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't the best. If you could find another song, I think you should change it, if you can't, it's not that bad. :D

Janette Rallison said...

I wish I knew how to do the whole trailer editing stuff myself--but I don't wish it enough that I'm planning on taking the time to learn how. (That's always the problem with life . . .)

Then again, maybe I should . . .

Anonymous said...

I think the song should be changed. I can try and help you if you'd like. Email me.
Angela

Anna Maria Junus said...

I think you should change the song too. I watched My Unfair Godmother - which by the way sounds like a great book and one I'm dying to read - and it was far more powerful than ex.

There's something about words in a song that really make a difference. Teenagers listen to songs, not instrumentals.

Jessie Clark said...

Yup, hate to add more work to your plate, but you should change the song. I still love it, but I'm waiting for the Fair Godmother images to pop up while I hear it.

Lulu (The Bookworm is Here!) said...

I hate to make your life harder but I would say if you could find a different song it might be better :/ Just because I relate that song to the other trailor :) It was that good! But whatever you decide will be alright with me <3

Anonymous said...

i'm fine with it either way.

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell that they are the same song. Truly. I think you should leave them be. They're both awesome. xD But, of course, I'm sure I'll like it if you change it too. xD