Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jurassic Park and my new lap top

Do you remember that scene from the first Jurassic Park movie where the founder tells the visiting scientists that he personally holds every newly hatched dinosaur so he can form a bond with them? He wants their first experience with humans to be a positive, nurturing one so they’ll grow up to be tame dinosaurs.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The lap top my husband ordered for me just arrived. It’s sitting in its box in the living room. My husband called and asked if I was going to open it.

I think not.

I carry the curse of technology-challenged, and I’m afraid if I touched it first some of the curse would transfer to the poor, harmless lap top. It would end up eternally flipping the hour glass at me.

I told my husband he’d better be the one who brings it out into the light of day. That way he can give it a positive, nurturing experience so it will grow up to be a tame computer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I like the way your brain works.

It was fun seeing you yesterday. I loved how every chair was full and there were plenty of people standing around too.
Good for you!
I can't wait to read my new book!
Angela

Michele Holmes said...

Ah, but you are light years ahead of me in conquering that whole technology thing. You have a lovely website and long standing blog. You're my new technology-challenged hero. Enjoy the new laptop.

Annette Lyon said...

I'm right with you on the techno-challenged thing. The best thing I ever did was marry a techno-genius. I frantically call him to my computer, wave at it and plead with him to FIX IT, just FIX THE THING!

Josi said...

Be afraid...be very afraid...

Julie Wright said...

You are wise to let him be the first. I am right on that techno-phobe train with you!